China is producing stylish, compact and very affordable cars which are being liked by the Pakistani buyers. A China car is having all the features equivalence to a first class luxurious car, but it is much inexpensive as compare to a Japanese or Korean car. This is the reason, Pakistan is now rapidly importing China cars in Pakistan through different dealerships. But if you are a single buyer and want to import a car from China, this article will tell you all the method about How To Import Car From China To Pakistan. We are discussing about Custom Duty Charges, Custom Agent Fees and other tax and duties with terms and conditions applies while you are importing a car from China to Pakistan. Here you are also inform that according to November 2017 FBR SRO for 2018 the custom duty on imported cars has improved by 30% which is also given in the chart below.
How To Import Car From China To Pakistan
The procedure about How To Import Car From China To Pakistan start with the total price of a car in China and the displacement cc mileage ratio. Such as if you are going to import a 660cc to 800cc car or you are importing a 1000cc to a 1500cc car then you will be charged 30% plus tax and duties of the original amount of the car. For clarity you can see the following procedure.
- First of all you have to have a permit for importing cars from China to Pakistan or you can also take services of a custom agent. A custom agent could be find out online or you can also meet with an authorized agent at the port or cargo offices
- You have to decide your car and check out all of its details like car color, displacement, and all other data about your car which is written on an agreement paper
- Pay the passport fees to the agent
- After that you have to pay the cost and freight charges (C&F) fees.
Cost and freight fees is charged as the transportation charges in China to the port in China as well as from Karachi port to the place where you are taking delivery of your car. During this carriage, company or the agent you are hired will responsible about to bring your car with full safety and damage.
- When your car will arrive at the Karachi port you will be informed via phone call.
At this level you have to pay the Pakistan car import duty as per your car price and the rules set by current government for Federal board of revenue (FBR).
- This is the final stage because your car has arrived at Karachi port and now you will pay for challan fees, Excise Tax as well as the documentation charges to your agent in order to drive your car legally on the roads of Pakistan.
Custom Duty Applies on Importing a Car From China or Any Other Country:
|New Sport-Utility Vehicles (SUVs):||80% tax, up from 50%|
|Old and Used Sport-Utility Vehicles (SUVs) 1801cc-3000cc:||60% unchanged|
|New Cars and Jeeps 1801cc-3000cc:||80% up from 50%|
|Used Cars and Jeeps 1801cc-3000cc:||60% unchanged|
|New Cars and Jeeps above 3000cc:||80% up from 50%|
|Used Cars and Jeeps above 3000cc:||60% unchanged|
|New All-terrain vehicles:||80% up from 50%|
|Old and Used All-terrain vehicles:||60% unchanged|
|New Cars and Jeeps Above 2000cc:||80% up from 50%|
|Used Cars and Jeeps Above 2000cc:||60% unchanged|
|New Cars and Jeeps Above 2500cc:||80% up from 50%|
|Used Cars and Jeeps Above 2500cc:||60% unchanged|
|New Other:||80% up from 50%|
|Old and Used Other:||60% unchanged|
|Vehicles of a cylinder capacity exceeding 1000cc but not exceeding 1300cc:||15% unchanged|
Hence the procedure about How To Import Car From China To Pakistan is all written in this article. I am sure that you are all now well aware with this informative piece of article. You can send your FAQs in the following comments section.