Owing a car is an investment as it cost big amount of money. When you invest your precious money then you should care your investment. Nowadays, people keep their vehicles longer before trading them in or upgrading, due in part to car loans with longer payments plans. Therefore, it’s more important than ever to maintain your car properly. For this we are provided top 10 important tips how to extent your car for long time.
Top Best Tips to Extend Your Car’s Life
- Read the Car’s Manual and Schedule Maintenance Accordingly. Your car maintenance schedule is very necessary for the increase of your car life. It can help to avoid costly problems. Check the cooling system, drive train, suspension and other components of the cars.
- Check Fluids and Tire Pressure Regularly. From the starting if any journey you should check your fluids and tire pressure. For this open check the radiator overflow reservoir level and the brake cylinder reservoir. You should check the power steering fluid and other necessary things.
- Drive Calmly. When you drive the car, take it easy. In any difficult situation you should focus to resolve it calmly. Make sure the car is completely stopped before shifting into reverse that will avoid stress on the transmission components.
- Change Oil Regularly. Change the oil regularly and before the recommended. This will improve your gas mileage ad protect the engine. Change the oil filter as well and other necessary components.
- Check Your Brake: Before going to a ride check the situation of the brakes. In other hand you should use your parking brake even if you are driving a car with an automatic transmission. It helps keep the brakes adjusted in the rear of the car and makes them last longer.
- Listen for Odd Voices: No matter how embarrassing it may be to stand in front of a perfect stranger and make funny noises. Check the odd voices the try to know the remove them. If the sounds are increasing then go to workshop and check it.
- Run Your Air Conditioner in winter: With the temperature below freezing, the idea of running your car’s air conditioner in the winter might sound terrifying, but it helps your keep cooling system working for the next time you actually need it, for the next summer.
- Change Your Air Filter Regularly. Your air filter should be replaced after the specified miles. According experts after the 11500 miles the air filter should be changed.
- Protect the Interior: When you drive the car, you spent the most of your time in the car. To increase the life of the car’s interior you should care of its interior. This can be done by the cleaning it by using the best car vacuum. Grimes should be removed completely to avoid wearing out the carpet.
- Protect the Car’s Exterior: like the interior, the exterior of the car should be cleaned properly. Service the car after the proper time, either the exterior of car is cleaned. It protects the car from the weather condition and also increases the resale value of the car.